Thursday, October 28, 2010

Finding Fault While Not Sleeping

I was laying in bed awake last night with the wheels spinning in my head. I got to thinking about comments that I read from a twitter conversation. (Not a party but a weekly conversation get together.) This was from people who up til now I had respect for and read their weekly conversations. I normally don't participate because of family time so I go back and read them later. This week they were discussing Vegetarians and Vegans impact on their business of raising meat animals They were talking about the pushing of veganisim and vegetarianism on people ex specially the youth.

I find fault in this theory. I know several vegans and vegetarians thru the Internet. They have never ever once pushed their life style on me. They have web sites and conversation boards for you to learn from. Most of them have their own theories as to why they do not eat meat or use meat by products (eggs,cheese,milk).  They have never told me I should be one, or hold a gun to my head , or looked down on me for eating meat.

There is at least one big media, lobbying association that I know of that puts ads in magazines, on TV, the Internet , and get big celebrities to push their agenda. This is who is pushing Veganism to the masses and trying to pass laws that make it hard for farmers to sell meat. This association along with one other want farm animals to rank as pets and earn the same respect. Peta and the Humane Society. The Humane Society is the group this group slammed this year for over half their funds going to lobbying for laws against meat farming instead of saving the animals they say they do. Peta uses a large amount of their money on advertising. so I think maybe they should find fault where the problem lies. Instead of blaming people that choose for personal reasons not to eat meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment